Simple, Secure, SavingsRegistration and payment for the NiSE BDI course is simple and secure because you shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to get right to learning. Our course is affordable and completion may earn you a discount on your insurance premium or the civil penalty for a non-criminal moving violation.Classroom Quality Education, Online ConvenienceThe NiSE BDI course is designed to provide you with top-tier defensive driving education in the convenience of your own home—or anywhere you have access to the internet: Our course is compatible with all modern browsers on PCs, tablets, and smartphones. Your progress is saved automatically, so log in and out as often as you need. Start on one device, log out, and continue on another wherever and whenever you have internet access. Complete the course at your own pace, on your own schedule.Who should take the NiSE Basic Driver Improvement Course?
Florida drivers who do not hold a commercial driver’s license can benefit from our BDI course. Successful completion of the course may earn you a discount on your vehicle insurance premium. If you’ve been cited for a non-criminal moving violation and you haven’t elected to complete a BDI course within the past 12 months, you can complete our BDI course to avoid points on your driving record and to earn an 18% reduction of the civil penalty for the infraction.EligibilityYou can complete this BDI course for points dismissal if:
Additional notes and requirements:
- You received a citation for a non-criminal moving violation.
- You do not hold a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- You have not completed a BDI course for points dismissal within the past 12 months.
Check your eligibility with FLHSMV’s online tool here.
- You may only complete a BDI course for points dismissal 5 times in your lifetime.
- Within 30 days of the citation date, you must inform the clerk of court in the county where the citation was issued that you are electing to complete a BDI course for points dismissal.
- You must pay an election fee to the clerk of court in the county where the citation was issued.
Inform the clerk of court in the county where the citation was issued that you are electing to complete a BDI course and pay the election fee here.Enroll Now!